ATE 2010 – Media Selection Criteria
Tourism Australia operates a media program during the Australian Tourism Exchange (ATE). All media who are invited to participate in the ATE media program must meet the following selection criteria:
1. As an invited media delegate you will have received a personal invitation from Tourism Australia to attend as a media delegate to participate in the ATE media program. If you accept this invitation and apply to participate, you agree to these terms which govern your participation.
- You agree to participate in the ATE media program including all official media events and press conferences.
- You will be directly employed as a journalist, reporter or editor or contracted to provide freelance writing services for a recognised media publication or outlet.
- If requested you will be able to demonstrate to Tourism Australia that you are engaged in the production of material about Australian travel destinations and the Australian travel industry. This material will be targeted for release in the public domain including but not limited to newspapers, magazines and for presentation on radio, television, websites and other electronic media.
- You will not be engaged in sales or advertising activities on behalf of your publication.
2. Tourism Australia retains the right to determine, in its sole absolute discretion, whether any particular applicant, or any employee, agent or representative of any applicant, should attend and to determine their specific entitlements in line with this media selection criteria. Tourism Australia retains the right to reject any application for any reason whatsoever or for no reason at all.
3. Applicants acknowledge that there is no obligation whatsoever on Tourism Australia to accept their application.
4. By submitting an application to Tourism Australia, applicants acknowledge that they are forever waiving and renouncing any claim which they may have against Tourism Australia, its agents, employees, or representatives, for any damages of whatsoever nature, which might arise, directly or indirectly, as a result of the rejection of their application to attend.
5. To enable the event to function in the best interests of buyers, sellers and media delegates, you agree that the information you provide to us (such as name, position, company details) may be distributed to third parties attending this event.