All Aussie Specialist’s invited to attend must meet the following criteria. If you do not meet one or more of the criteria, you will need to make a written request for an exemption.
- To attend ATE as an Aussie Specialist you need to receive a personal invitation from Tourism Australia. For companies or delegates who have not received this invitation, please contact your Tourism Australia ATE Coordinator.
- Companies wishing to attend must be qualified as an Aussie Specialist and have completed all State and Territory modules.
- Companies wishing to attend must have worked as a licensed retail travel agent/wholesaler, for a minimum of three years and have visited Australia in the last five years.
- Details of your prior or current marketing initiatives focussing on Australia and an indication of marketing support for Australia in the 2011 calendar year must be outlined in your application.
- Companies wishing to attend or who have been invited to attend cannot have any outstanding debts with Tourism Australia and they should be in good financial standing with members of the Australian tourism industry. Should the need arise to check on the financial standing of individual companies, a review will be made via domestic or internationally accepted agencies. Adverse findings of such a review will be referred to the applicant for comments before a final decision is made.
- Tourism Australia retains the right to determine, in its sole absolute discretion, whether any particular applicant, or any employee, agent or representative of any applicant should attend and determine their specific entitlements inline with the policies of the event, to reject any application for any reason whatsoever, or for no reason at all. Applicants acknowledge that there is no obligation whatsoever on Tourism Australia to approve applications and that Tourism Australia may reject any applicant, or any employee, agent or representative of any applicant, with or without reason.
- By submitting an application to Tourism Australia, applicants acknowledge that they are forever waiving and renouncing any claim which they may have against Tourism Australia, its agents, employees, or representatives, for any damages of whatsoever nature, which might arise, directly or indirectly, as a result of the rejection of their application to attend.
- To enable the event to function in the best interests of all parties, you agree that the information you provide to us (such as name, position, company, email and contact details) may be distributed to third parties attending this event.