International, Online and Australian Based Buyers
All international, online and Australian based Buyers invited to attend the Australian Tourism Exchange (ATE) must meet the following criteria. If you do not meet one or more of the criteria, you will need to make a written request for an exemption.
- As an invited guest you should have received a personal invitation from Tourism Australia to attend as a Buyer and meet with Australian tourism product exhibiting at ATE. For companies or delegates who have not received this invitation, completion of the application form will not necessarily result in acceptance to attend.
- Companies wishing to attend or who have been invited to attend must have a demonstrated or proven ability to work with the Australian tourism industry to brochure/ package and sell Australian tourism product within overseas markets.
- An invited Buyer must be a senior decision maker or product manager.
- Companies wishing to attend or who have been invited to attend cannot have any outstanding debts with Tourism Australia and they should be in good financial standing with members of the Australian tourism industry. Should the need arise to check on the financial standing of individual companies, a review will be made via domestic or internationally accepted agencies. Adverse findings of such a review will be referred to the applicant for comments before a final decision is made.
- Australian based Buyers who have been invited to attend the event must be directly employed as the Australian based representative of the overseas or online Buyer company invited to attend the event.
- Australian based Buyers should have received a personal invitation for attendance from Tourism Australia to attend as a Buyer and to meet with Australian tourism product exhibiting at ATE.
- In countries where licensing of general sales agents, wholesaler and retail travel agents is a government regulation, proof of a valid license number should be provided on request.
- Tourism Australia retains the right to determine, in its sole absolute discretion, whether any particular applicant, or any employee, agent or representative of any applicant should attend and determine their specific entitlements inline with the policies of the event, to reject any application for any reason whatsoever, or for no reason at all. Applicants acknowledge that there is no obligation whatsoever on Tourism Australia to approve applications and that Tourism Australia may reject any applicant, or any employee, agent or representative of any applicant, with or without reason.
- By submitting an application to Tourism Australia, applicants acknowledge that they are forever waiving and renouncing any claim which they may have against Tourism Australia, its agents, employees, or representatives, for any damages of whatsoever nature, which might arise, directly or indirectly, as a result of the rejection of their application to attend.
- To enable the event to function in the best interests of both Buyers and Sellers, you agree that the information you provide to us (such as name, position, company, email and contact details) may be distributed to third parties attending this event.