ITB is known throughout the world as a leading trade fair for the global tourism industry. Sixty-five per cent of trade visitors at ITB are from Germany, the balance is made up from a variety of European markets as well as international markets including Oceania. Every second trade visitor at ITB 2011 held an Executive position.
Our objectives are:
- To create an environment for Australian product suppliers that is informative and conducive to business
- To create awareness of Australia as a travel destination with quality product options via direct contact and linked PR activity.
- Increase Tourism Australia's activity awareness to industry partners; and
- Strengthen trade relations
This will be achieved:
- Through meetings with industry partners
- Through joint Media and Trade functions at the stand
- By showcasing Australia and meeting with consumers directly
Who will attend ITB?
- International and domestic tour operators
- Retail travel agents
- Business travel agents
- Conference organisers
- Incentive travel organisers
- Group travel organisers
- Corporate travel arrangers
ITB 2012 will take place from Wednesday 7 March - Sunday 11 March 2012. The exhibition opens every day from 10:00 – 18:00. Wednesday to Friday are trade and press only days, Saturday and Sunday are open to the general public.
In order to maximise exposure, Tourism Australia will be hosting a Media function on Wednesday 7 March 2012 and a Trade function on Thursday 8 March 2012.
More than 170,000 visitors met in Berlin in 2011 to discuss business opportunities. With over 10,000 exhibitors from over 180 countries, ITB attracts German as well as international operators.