The objectives of IMFW are:
- To further educate the Indian and Australian travel trade about their markets, products and business practices
- To provide practical means for the Indian travel industry to brochure Australian travel and tourism products, for both leisure and business event markets
- To introduce new leisure and business events products suitable for the Indian market
- To increase awareness levels and enhance the image of Australia in India
- To provide a platform for the Indian and Australian travel industry to develop close business relationships.
Who will attend?
- A target of 60 Indian companies has been set and preference will be given to Aussie Specialist agencies. The aim is to have the top agents promoting Australia in India, based on inputs from the Australian industry, Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) and airlines. There are also likely to be companies that Tourism Australia considers to be potentially suited to promote Australian products & services in India.
- A target of 50 Australian companies has been set and preference will be given to Australian products and services that Tourism Australia considers to be most suited to the higher end of the Indian travel market.
- Briefings for both Buyers and Sellers will take place on Monday 3 September 2012, and will include market updates.
- Tourism Australia reserves the right to change the format of the event or cancel the event should there be insufficient participants to make it viable.
There are a variety of functions at the event, buyers and sellers will enjoy various opportunities to network with each other in addition to their pre-scheduled meetings.
Dress code for evening functions is smart causal.